Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stir Crazy



Winter is officially here. I can tell not only by the biting cold, my craving for soups and the snow that makes driving nerve racking, but by the uneasy, cooped up, stir-crazy sort of feelings that will not leave me alone. Winter makes it harder to get out, it seems, and so these feelings persist. Andy and I try.... and we have a good excuse because the dogs can always use a walk. But when TV has lost it's charm, I can't crochet another stitch, and cooking is the last thing I want to do, what in the world is there left to do?????? Blog. Blog on our feeble attempts to get out and take back our sanity.........



We like to go up to south fork..... It has a great view and there's a field where the dogs get very tired in a short amount of time, trudging through the 2-3 ft deep snow.






We've even been able to convince family members to join us in our endeavor.

God speed the Spring!

7 comments:

cathy said...

I miss the mountains! I thought that picture of Tim out with you guys was Bobby at first with glasses on! Oh, and I love the matching coats-we think all men in the family (since they all got the same shell jacket) should have their pictures taken.

martha corinna said...

That is one handsome family.
I concur, winter is so yesterday. I eagerly await my English garden's first offering and the sweet smell of spring. I promise not to complain about the rain or mud (maybe a little about the mud).

Fordney said...

Spring means that I am having another baby and that makes me scared... But I too am excited for warmer weather.

Fenima said...

Amin to that. I've been sick for almost 2 weeks. I finally feel better. The winter doesn't work for an island girl.

Nathan said...

Yes, yes, yes--winter sucks it makes us crazy--but can we talk about the real issue here? Why is everyone in that last picture wearing my coat? You mean Mom bought all the boys matching coats? What?
PS
I wear mine all the time. It is a great coat!

cathy said...

Andy or Sarah, you've been tagged, go to my blog to find out what you need to do!!

TimLoraKat said...

You are so funny. I love that when all else fails you blog. I am not a good winter entertainer either. Summer is the best time of year in my opinion. It looks you have fun with the dogs.